Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Holistic Travel Essentials

I love to travel, but it sure can take a toll on your beauty and wellness, if you let it! The recycled plane air, lack of healthy food (or introduction to new foods) and good old jet lag can certainly make you feel (and look) less than fabulous. On my recent trip to Denmark, I put together a pretty awesome travel kit to help keep me on point. 


I posted this picture on social media and had more than a few folks ask for details, so here they are! Enjoy.


Top Row

Herb Pharm Breath Tonic
Organic peppermint, cinnamon and ginger will help keep your breath fresh, clear sinus congestion and settle your stomach with one spritz. It's pretty strong, but I love it!

Bach Flower Rescue Energy Remedy
An all-natural, homeopathic spray, designed to relieve fatigue and stress with no jitters or side effects.
I feel a little more alert when I use it.

Blissoma Chamo-Mint Stress Relief Serum
Roll this cooling, herbal massage oil on sore muscles and pulse points for an instant pick-me-up. Works wonders.

LuLu Hair Powder
Refresh tired hair with this handy, healthy dry shampoo. A must for fine hair or in between washings.

Zand Quick Digest
Chewable digestive enzymes reduce the ever-common bloating and indigestion while on-the-go. Keep them near and eat one before or after a meal.

Bottom Row

EO Hand Sanitizer
Natural sanitizer using thyme and peppermint instead of toxic triclosan. I used this as a refreshing body spray/deodorant a few times too!

NutriBiotic Grapefruit Seed Extract
GSE has countless anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties (including destroying yucky parasites) that are priceless during travel. Don't leave home without it.

ChlorOxygen Chlorophyll Concentrate
Also known as the "blood of plants" chlorophyll delivers and distributes more oxygen to our body. This provides us with more energy, better overall health, digestion and lots more. This formula is perfect for travel, as no refrigeration is needed.

Cramp Bark
Treats muscle spasms of all kinds, especially the menstrual type.Take as directed and don't let your moon cycle "cramp" your style on the road ;)

B-12 Sublingual Supplement
An essential daily supplement for vegetarians. B-12 benefits the immune and nervous system, boosts energy and helps reduce anxiety. Important stuff.

Most of these natural treasures can be found at your local Whole Foods, but I have included direct links to most of their sites. Please feel free to leave comments or questions below, I would love to hear from you!

Happy, Healthy Travels!


3 comments:

the PFMs said...

AHH GSE! I remember like it was yesterday when you recommended taking that stuff with us to Thailand...best idea ever! xoxo

Sesheta said...

Thanks for reminding me of some tried and true essentials and introducing me to some new ones!! xoxo

Rebecca Casciano, Green Beauty + Wellness said...

Thanks and you are so welcome PFM Ladies! XO