Friday, September 16, 2011

Rock On Res

I always say, one of the things I love about what I do, is getting to work with extremely talented and creative people. As a freelance makeup artist based in NYC, that often means some of the most gifted singers, songwriter and musicians in the business. My clients tend to be the type of artists that may not be found on the Billboard Top 40... but should be! They have more talent and originality than half the people that are, but don't get me started on pop music today...

One of those artists is the beautiful singer, Res, whose music is an eclectic mix of soul, rock and indie pop; her debut album "How I Do" also happens to be one of my favorites. It reminds me of when I first started doing makeup some ten years ago! Anyways, I recently had the opportunity to work with Res for a music video she did with  rapper Talib Kweli, for their new song "Driving Me Insane". The duo has teamed up to form the group "Idle Warship" and their album is set to be released next month. The song is bananas and we had a blast shooting the video- cannot wait to see how it came out!


Res in one of her "Driving Me Insane" makeup looks. 
 For maximum color pops, I used a Electric Eel by M.A.C. Cosmetics on the eyes and Stalker Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics on the lips. 


"Golden Boys" was Res's debut, smash-hit song in 2001.
She's back for 2011 and sounds amazing- look out for the Idle Warship album and videos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool :-)