Monday, May 23, 2011

I Heart Taijitu

This beautiful story of "taijitu", also known as the yin and yang, recently appeared in the Australian glossy, Kurv. I was so grateful to be part of it's creation and it is absolutely one of my favorite shoots to date! The awesome photographer, Christel B, came up with the concept and casted the perfect models. The magazine wanted some info about the makeup and so I got all art-theory on 'em. Check it out:


"My inspiration for the makeup was to accentuate the contrast between our beautiful models, in an artistic way. I emphasized David's skin and texture by making sure it was glowing, while keeping Gabrielle's skin flawless and matte. In this way, we can appreciate the obvious differences in color, along with the more subtle textural contrast, of their skin. Gabrielle's makeup was inspired in part by the women in Robert Palmer's infamous "Addicted To Love" video from 1985. Using structured shapes and bold colors, my goal was to create a woman who is confident, glamourous and sexy. She is the ultimate counterpart to her strong, powerful man."


Make Up For Ever Brow Corrector #4, M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Mulch, M.A.C. Paint Pot in Blackground, M.A.C. Zoomblack Mascara, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Skin in Y0 and Contour in Crush, M.A.C. Lip Pencil in Cherry and OCC Lip Tar in NSFW


Make Up For Ever Brow Corrector #4, M.A.C. Eyeshadows in Omega, White Frost and Vanilla, M.A.C. Zoomblack Mascara, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Skin in Y0 and Contour in Crush, M.A.C. Lip Pencil in Cherry and OCC Lip Tar in NSFW





Photos and Retouching Christel B.

2 comments:

Lisa-Bisa said...

this is amazing! I love the contrast in this shoot! I've always heard of your work from Ashaka and I finally got a chance to see it! very nice:)

www.physicalcanvas.com

iJiggle4Glitter said...

STUNNING!