Friday, April 15, 2011

Spirit Beauty Love

Have you been to Spirit Beauty Lounge? If not, please go visit soon! SBL is truly a one-stop-shop for all of your eco-beauty needs, a green version of Sephora, if you will. Created by natural beauty Spirit Demerson, this online boutique carries exclusively sustainable (yet sexy) makeup, skincare, fragrance, sun care, hair care, baby care and lifestyle goods. Spirit maintains very precise guidelines on what she will sell in the Beauty Lounge, based on her "6 P's" which gives you assurance that anything you purchase is going to be good for you, good for the environment and look pretty in your bathroom or bedroom!


I recently stopped by Spirit's studio to peruse her eco-chic makeup collections and stock up on some new items for my kit. I was in natural makeup heaven, getting to play with the entire lines from rms beauty, Nvey Eco, Vapour Organic Beauty and Alima Pure. One of my new discoveries was the velvety texture and rich pigments of Nvey's Eyeshadow Pallette, a perfect addition to my growing, green kit. I am also really excited about Vapour's Soft Focus Instant Skin Perfector, which is the organic version of M.A.C. Strobe Cream. Used as a primer or moistutrizer, it brightens the complexion and delivers a healthy glow to the skin, on it's own or under foundation. Swoooon!

 

To top it off, Spirit invited me to create a celeb-inspired makeup look using my favorite products on her  assistant, Katie. We agreed on this warm, peachy look Anne Hathaway recently rocked... it's perfect for Spring and Summer. Check out what I used to get her red-carpet ready on SBL's blog.


Spirit Beauty Lounge is proof that you don't have to sacrifice anything to go green with your beauty routine. Why not celebrate upcoming Earth Day in style with a spring shopping spree? Your skin and the Earth will thank you! Let me know if you need my assistance, happy to help *wink*

No comments: