Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Loving Eco-Chic Living

Last week, I had the pleasure of accompanying Spirit Demerson, founder of Spirit Beauty Lounge, to Ecover's "Thirty Under 30" Event at the Environment Showroom in NYC. First off, I am a huge fan of Spirit Beauty Lounge, an online boutique for eco-chic, organic skincare, cosmetics, bath and body products, so hanging out with the creator was a real treat! Spirit is a former model and a totally gorgeous person inside and out! We had awesome conversation about green beauty and I learned a bunch from her expertise.


Spirit & I

I was also thrilled to be in the room with so many leaders in the green movement! Spirit introduced me to a few of her friends; Rachel  Sarnoff, the founder of EcoStiletto- one of my favorite online eco-mags, Starr Vartan- author of the fab Eco-Chick and Amanda Walker- creator of the lush A Perfume Organic. WOW! I plan to feature all of these inspiring women here on my blog but please visit their sites now to see how amazing they are!


  
While rubbing elbows with the "eco-eilte", I enjoyed the refreshments provided, including a Chilean white wine called Lapostelle that is 100% organic, biodynamic and environmentally conscious. Everything from their vineyards to their packaging, to the design of the winery is all eco-friendly! If you want to drink responsibly, this is the way to go ;)


Ecover hosted the party to celebrate 30 years of creating ecological cleaning products and the winner of their "Thirty Under 30" contest. The contest was open to anyone under the age of 30 who is making contributions to sustainability. The winner, Ryan Arnold, helps low-income Idaho residents reduce their energy costs. Way to go Ryan!


The evening left me feeling completely inspired and grateful to be joining this amazing mission to make a change in the world! Every little bit counts and each one of us can make a difference. Please support sustainable living!

1 comment:

Ecover said...

Rebecca,

What a great recap of the Ecover 30 under 30 event!! So glad you enjoyed it as much as we did.

We hope to see you again soon off- line and if not let's chat online!

Valorie for Ecover