Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Go Jane!

Prior to creating her makeup line, Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Jane Iredale was a prominent casting director for television, film and theatre. In the early 90's, Jane was inspired to a create safe, natural  alternative to the chemical-based makeup she saw being widely used in the industry. Jane Iredale was one of the first mineral makeup lines on the market and remains focused on quality ingredients that promote healthy skin while enhancing it's appearance. 


While I haven't had a chance to try the entire line, I can vouch for the following products, which I have been throughly enjoying in both my personal and professional kits! Must- haves:



In my opinion, good under-eye concealers are hard to come by because they have to 1) actually neutralize the darkness and 2) be just the right texture- smooth and hydrating yet not too oily. The Circle/Delete under-eye concealer has not only good coverage but great ingredients- jojoba, avocado oil and green tea extract to nourish the delicate area. The fact that this goes on creamy, lasts AND it's natural? Love it.


Oooh, this stuff is great. The PureGloss for Lips helped ween me off of my "toxic" lipgloss! Nice shine, color payoff and I love the way it feels and smells. They've added mint and ginger for "plumping" plus extracts of green tea, pomegranate and grape seed for antioxidant benefits. Yumm! Oh yeah, and no petroleum :)

Check out the extensive line at www.janeiredale.com.

No comments: