Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Behind the Scenes with Tyson

What a fun way to begin November, World Vegan Month! I had the opportunity to meet and work with one of the latest celebs to go vegan, Mike Tyson! I was hired to do makeup/grooming for an editorial that comes out in March 2011, alongside Mike's new show on Animal Planet, Taking On Tyson. 


The show features one of Tyson's  favorite pastimes, raising and racing pigeons. Apparently he has a few hundred birds at lofts in Brooklyn and New Jersey, where we shot this. I didn't learn much about racing the birds, but they were really pretty and they seemed well loved and taken care of :)


Of course, Mike didn't need much in the makeup department, but I just HAD TO ask him about his new vegan lifestyle. His whole face lit up as he described feeling energized, lighter (he lost 130 lbs), clearer and happier than ever! He even pointed out that his alligator-looking shoes were faux leather and tries to buy vegan as much as possible. I told him I thought it was so cool for "Mike Tyson" to speak about how going vegan has changed his life for the better! I believe his message will help inspire many others to try it. 


Despite the chilly temps outside, we had a great shoot with a lot of laughs. I look forward to checking out the show in March and I will keep you posted about the editorial!

No comments: