Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Latest Inspiration...

is FOOD! Guess what? I have recently decided to pursue another passion of mine in the field of holistic nutrition. I've been a believer and advocate for 13 years now, beginning with yoga, meditation and spiritual studies in my college years. Soon after, I transitioned to a primarily vegan diet and began to explore holistic methods for my own health concerns. The more I learned, the more sense this lifestyle made, and I have personally experienced and witnessed tremendous healing through its practice. I love introducing people to the benefits of "conscious" eating and hopefully inspiring them to think more about what truly nourishes them.




So after my latest bit of soul searching, I had a revelation and enrolled at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I have been interested in their program for awhile but now the time was right for me to make the shift! IIN's curriculum is truly integrative and explores dietary theory, bio-individuality, modern nutrition and the concept of primary food, as illustrated in the circle below. I am currently studying their online Warm Up program (which is awesome), the live classes start in February and I will be a certified Health Counselor (HC) in July 2010... yippee!


Integrative Nutrition's version of the Food Pyramid

In case you couldn't tell, I'm feeling totally empowered by my heightened mission, to help create beauty from the inside out! I will continue to work in makeup (cuz it's my art!) but I'm excited to add nutritional counseling and more to my offerings. I am in the process of creating a new blog where I look forward to sharing healthy, eco-friendly and fabulous finds for mind, body/beauty and spirit!

No comments: