Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lust For The Red Lip


Napoleon Perdis in Lust (2nd from left)



M.A.C. in Venetian


Pixi in Zuzana (2nd from right)

Obsessed as I am with the color red, I am always on the hunt for the perfect shades in lipstick and gloss. When it comes to my own makeup, I would say a red lip is my signature look, my staple. It just brightens the face and adds polish like nothing else! I have reds for every occasion and time of day, depending on how much of a pop I'm going for. For a bright lip, I go for the Napoleon Perdis' Chandelier Shine in Lust, or lipstick L143 by Make Up For Ever, they are both pretty opaque and quite vivid. These are my go-to colors for an evening out or special event. I usually pair them with a light eyeshadow, cat-eye black liner, lots of lash and a pink blush. My everyday favorite is M.A.C. Lustreglass in Venetian, as it's sheer but gives just the right amount of color. As you can imagine, I've tried tons of glosses but this is the one I always come back to. (It also works great on many different skin tones because it's just a touch of red) Last but not least- my gym lip, because you need a lil' something when you go for a workout, right? Just a dab of Pixi Lip Booster gives the sheerest amount of color and a glossy finish to your pout without screaming red lips at the gym! 

Try 'em for yourself:
www.napoleonperdis.com, www.maccosmetics.com, www.pixibeauty.com, www.makeupforever.com

Muah!

1 comment:

Erin said...

the gym lip!! love it! x