Monday, June 8, 2009

Ethereal...


It's always exciting to work with amazing talent and last Friday, I had the pleasure of doing makeup for the soulful singer/songwriter, Amel Larrieux. I've loved Amel's music since she appeared on the scene as the vocalist of the duo, Groove Theory. Their song "Tell Me" was like, the hottest song out the summer I moved to NYC, so it conjures extra special memories! Since then, Amel has branched out on her own, releasing five wonderful albums on her indie label, Blisslife. On Friday, June 5th she performed songs from her latest cd (above) to a captivated audience. A total natural beauty, I did Amel's makeup soft and pretty with a focus on her eyes and glowing skin. Although I forgot my camera (arrgh), I hope to work with Amel again soon and promise to take pics.

This is the video of her performance... Enjoy!
The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space - First Fridays at The Greene Space: Open Mic Night

1 comment:

Erin said...

2 of my favorite,talented bellas connecting...love u both! xo