Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tribe of Butterflies


The talented designer (and my close friend ;) Ashaka Givens had a fab fashion event this past weekend, featuring her Spring/Summer '09 collection. Ashaka's latest silhouettes are inspired by the resilient nature and colorful, delicate beauty of butterflies! Incorporating her signature, sexy style with comfort and wearability, Givens offered a range of dresses, tops and jumpsuits. I am the fortunate owner of several of Ashaka's pieces, and I get compliments on them all the time. One of my favorite things (and I tell anyone who will listen) is that the fabric she uses for many of the dresses, never wrinkles!!! It just excites me so when I can pull one of them out of a drawer or suitcase, throw it on and look great. Highly recommended, ladies.

If you missed this event and would like to catch the next one, please sign up for Ashaka Givens fan page on Facebook or contact her for inquiries at www.ashakagivens.com.  

Photo by Ray, Makeup by moi, Hair by Emi, Model is Nazeri

2 comments:

Ms.Givens said...

Thank You Rebecca!!
The makeup was flawless i tell ya! ;-)

xo

Ashaka

Kristen said...

Awesome event! Love Ashaka's designs. My dress by Ashaka Givens has made appearances at a house party, a wedding, a night out the girls and the list goes on and on. Love that thing!