Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fuerza Bruta Rocks








I had the enormous pleasure of seeing my friend, actress and dancer, Jessica Ilia Castro in the exhilarating theatrical experience, Fuerza Bruta. The translation, brute force, reflects the shows exploration of life's vigorous physical and emotional impacts. From the creators of the performance spectacular De La Guarda, Fuerza Bruta is a provocative, sensory feast! The eye-popping visual effects include a giant acrylic pool, which descends from the ceiling until it's close enough for the audience to actually touch. Lithe female performers jump, swim and frolic in the water like sea nymphs, exquisitely illuminated with vibrant colors. In another sequence, a Mylar curtain surrounds the entire audience and the performers run and bounce along the curtain while suspended by cords. The awesome, throbbing house/techno beats kept my friends and I dancing and wildly cheering our girl, the multi-talented Jess. (We are sooo proud and impressed!)

FB was unlike any show I have ever seen and I have to say it was the BEST!!! I think I smiled all the way home that night. Words or pictures cannot adequately describe this experience, so I strongly urge you to see for yourself. Be prepared to be on your feet, moving around the space, looking up and around, participating in this dynamic and brilliant production. I was able to snap a few stunning shots amidst the fun, hope you enjoy them. For more information, visit http://fuerzabrutanyc.com.

No comments: